Recipe Created by: HuntChef #wildflavor Partner Brad Schepman
Whitetail Tongue Taco
Deer tongue tacos are a favorite in our house. Deer tongues are a lot smaller than beef tongues so you should figure 1 tongue per person. When I don’t have enough tongues, I add in one or more shanks off of the legs. The meat cooks well with the tongue and the bone adds a ton of flavor. So the next time you get a deer or 2 throw the tongues and a shank in an instant pot with some HUNTCHEF TACO TAKEDOWN and be prepared to have your wild flavor tastebuds to be working overtime!!!!
- 2-4 Deer Tongues
- 1 or 2 Deer shanks if needed
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Onion
- ¼ Cup Chipotle Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons of HUNTCHEF TACO TAKEDOWN
Street size flour tortillas
- Diced Green Onions
- Diced Tomato
- Dice Jalapenos
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Salsa Verde
- Add all of the Instant Pot ingredients to Instant Pot. Lock down the lid, set the pressure at 70 lbs. and set the cook time to 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove the tongue and peel the skin off.
- Strain onions and chipotle peppers from the instant pot to add onto tacos later.
- Slice the tongue and hock meat into small cubes.
- Heat butter in cast iron pan.
- Add the meat and sprinkle with more HUNTCHEF TACO TAKEDOWN.
- Sear until edges are somewhat crispy.
- Grab some flour street tacos and load them up with the meat.
- Top the street tacos with some of the onions and chipotle peppers.
- Add additional preferred toppings.
- Don’t forget a squirt of lime juice and the salsa Verde.
- Finish off with some sour cream.
Recipe Created by: